Top 10 amazing health benefits of mangoes!
Mangoes are not only delicious they are also full of vitamins and nutrients that help keep your body in top shape. So go on, indulge guilt-free!
- Lowers Cholesterol – Contains high levels of vitamin C, pectin and fibre that help lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Aids weight loss – The fibrous content boosts the digestive function by burning additional calories, helping in weight loss.
- Diabetic friendly – Has low glycemic index (41-60), does not increase the sugar levels when taken in moderation, compared to other fruits.
- Keeps eyes healthy – Rich in vitamin A, promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness. One cup of sliced mangoes equals 25% of the prescribed daily intake of vitamin A.
- An aphrodisiac – Has high levels of Vitamin E. Known to increase virility in men.
- Helps in digestion – Apart from high fibre that aids digestion, contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein.
- Strengthens the immune system – The unique combination of vitamin C, vitamin A and 25 different carotenoids keep your immune system strong.
- Iron tonic for women – Rich in iron and calcium, hence an ideal food for women going through menopause or pregnancy. Also an effective solution for anemia.
- Support in fighting Cancer – Contains antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin and methylgallat that help fight cancer.
- Aids concentration and memory – Contains glutamine acid that helps in keeping brain cells alive and boosting memory.